Sensabues AB offers a new format biomatrix based upon a non-intrusive specimen sampling technique. This is a recently discovered, novel and proprietary procedure for the indirect collection, detection and identification of non-volatile substances in blood using exhaled breath.
It can be used to test for exogenous substances, such as performance enhancing drugs (stimulants) in sports, drugs of abuse (narcotics / cannabinoids) and therapeutic drugs (antibiotics). Also, these can be a wide range of endogenous substances associated with the study of metabolomics and determination of biomarkers.
Using the existing installed base of laboratory instrumentation and established analytical chemistry techniques, this exhaled breath-based biomatrix platform, ExaBreath® (EB), is transforming drug detection, health monitoring and medical diagnostics for:
- anti-doping/performance enhancing drugs control in sports
- drug prevention programs in sports
- drugs of abuse testing
- therapeutic drug monitoring
- biomarker detection
- metabolomics analysis
EB is achieving this by:
- lowering the cost of sample collection
- reducing sample collection time and complexity
- making sample collection more convenient and less intrusive
- increasing the acceptability and frequency of sample collection
- affording more protection for a donor’s right-to-privacy
- enabling new types of collection procedures