Sensabues AB offers a novel method to detect non-volatile substances in blood by collecting an exhaled breath biological sample for lab-based analysis.
This method detects a wide range of exogenous substances, such as:
- performance enhancing drugs (e.g. stimulants and anabolic agents) in sports.
- drugs of abuse (e.g. cannabinoids and narcotics).
- therapeutic drugs (e.g. antibiotics and glucocorticoids).
A wide range of endogenous substances, associated with the study of metabolomics and determination of biomarkers, can be detected also.
Using the existing installed base of laboratory instrumentation already being utilised by other matrices, together with established and validated analytical procedures, this exhaled breath-based biomatrix platform called ExaBreath® (EB), is transforming drug detection, health monitoring and medical diagnostics for:
- anti-doping/performance enhancing drugs control in sports
- drug prevention programs in sports
- drugs of abuse testing
- therapeutic drug monitoring
- biomarker detection
- metabolomics analysis
EB achieves this by:
- lowering the overall cost of sample collection
- reducing sample collection time and complexity
- improving the accuracy and correlation of testing
- detecting parent/intact drugs as well as their metabolites
- making sample collection more convenient and less intrusive
- increasing the acceptability and frequency of sample collection
- affording more protection for a donor’s right-to-privacy
- enabling new types of collection procedures