Sensabues AB is a healthtech company supplying a novel device and method to detect non-volatile substances in blood and the lungs by collecting an exhaled breath biological sample for lab-based analysis.
This method detects a wide range of exogenous substances, such as:
- performance enhancing drugs (e.g. stimulants and anabolic agents) in sports.
- drugs of abuse (e.g. cannabinoids and narcotics).
- therapeutic drugs (e.g. antibiotics and glucocorticoids).
A wide range of endogenous substances, associated with the study of metabolomics and determination of biomarkers, can be detected also.
In studies this method is able to detect infectious diseases such as COVID-19 by collecting RNA of the virus SARS-CoV-2 in the breath of COVID-19 patients
Using the existing installed base of laboratory instrumentation already being utilised by other matrices, together with established and validated analytical procedures, this exhaled breath-based biomatrix platform called ExaBreath® (EB), is transforming drug detection, health monitoring and medical diagnostics for:
- anti-doping/performance enhancing drugs control in sport
- drug prevention programs in sports
- drugs of abuse testing
- cannabis testing
- therapeutic drug monitoring
- biomarker discovery
- metabolomics analysis
- detection on infectious diseases (COVID-19)
EB achieves this by:
- lowering the overall cost of sample collection
- reducing sample collection time and complexity
- improving the accuracy and correlation of testing
- detecting parent/intact drugs as well as their metabolites
- making sample collection more convenient and less intrusive
- increasing the acceptability and frequency of sample collection
- affording more protection for a donor’s right-to-privacy
- enabling new types of collection procedures
EB has detected over 80 substances across these categories:
|Narcotics||Antibiotics||Aromatase Inhibitors||Free Fatty Acids|